top of page

Relocating after divorce?

You can have your judgment filed in one State or County and then registered in another. When you register an out-of-state or out-of-county case where you live, you will be assigned a local case number. Depending on what you may be trying to modify, once registered, you can seek court orders in the court where you registered your out-of-state (or county) case. However, if you are seeking to modify a child custody order, you will need to have the case’s venue changed to the court in the State and in the County where the minor child(ren) live.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
bottom of page